During our lives we plan for many situations; education, having a family, vacations, weddings and especially our retirement. However, many neglect to plan their funeral as it is a realization of our own mortality. We purchase insurance to help us in situations that may happen, such as accidents, earthquakes, fire, floods and theft. We should also consider the pre-planning of our funeral service as it not only lets our survivors know what our wishes are, but it can also avoid financial hardship.
1. Why do people pre-arrange their service
- You are able to make rational and logical decisions. Saving your family the burden of having to make them under times of grief and stress
- The assurance that your wishes are known and will be carried out as specified and obtain peace of mind. You have the opportunity to discuss options with our funeral professional and also with your family, church, friends, etc.
- It will not be a financial burden on your family. You can select the services and merchandise according to your wishes, spiritual beliefs and budget, either by pre-paying for the services or having the monies set aside
2. What is involved in making pre-arrangements?
- Recording personal information that is required for Vital Statistics.
This consists of full name, address, spouse’s name, occupation, birth date, birthplace, parent’s names and their birthplaces and your next of kin or executor
- Making service choices.
Funeral or memorial service, burial, cremation, entombment or transfer to another city, music selections, participants (family and/or friends) to create a meaningful service
- Making specific selections.
The selection of a casket or cremation container, an urn, a burial or urn vault, and a monument or memorial marker
- Arranging a payment plan.
The services do not have to be prepaid, but the costs will be guaranteed not to increase if payment is made at one time or by monthly payments
3. Why pre-arrange with DeJohn’s?
- It is FREE.
At DeJohn’s there is no membership fee or filing charges to record your wishes for your services. We want to be your steadfast partner in helping give your loved ones peace
- DeJohn’s is locally owned and operated, and has been serving the Cleveland area for nearly 150 years.
Our qualified and experienced staff, central location, modern facilities and ample parking are important to many attending services
- Feel at home or be at home.
We can explore your options for pre-arrangement in our well appointed facilities or in the comfort of your own home
“The Inflation-Proof Plan” exclusively offered by DeJohn’s
You save when you consider pre-payment of your funeral, because it helps secure your funeral costs now and eliminates inflation in the future
If you would like more information please view our Preneed Brochure.
You can also call us at (440) 516-5555 or complete this short form: