Hi and welcome to DeJohn’s website thank you for your interest in the funeral and cremation services that we offer.
We’ve created this webpage specifically for people like you who are researching funeral homes and the offerings that they have.
Use this page as a resource to come back to while you are in the decision-making process.
Before you leave this page, make sure to read the entire page for important information.
If at anytime you would like immediate access assistance call us at 440-516-5555.
What’s involved in the funeral arrangement process
There are four steps that the funeral home will guide and assist you with during this process.
- Initial contact
- Completing funeral and or cremation arrangements
- After the arrangements and before the service
- After the service
For a more detailed listing of these four steps click this link to go to our If the Death has Occurred page.
Decisions to be made
There are a number of decisions that need to be made in the funeral planning process. We have broken these down into different categories to make it easier for you to decide. You can download and print off our Choices for Funerals and Cremation Services checklist here.
Choice of disposition:
- Burial or Cremation
- 66% of the families we serve choose burial and 34% of the families choose cremation. For more information about burial or cremation click on the links above.
Choice of service type:
- Celebration of life: this type of services for someone who would like a more contemporary service or gathering which may not necessarily be very religious although it can still be quite spiritual
- Traditional service: this type of service is for someone who would like a more formal service including religious elements or a complete religious service
- Memorial reception: when formal service isn’t requested, family/friends gather, share stories
- Graveside service: no formal service, family gather at cemetery for casket/urn to be buried
- Disposition only: this type of services for someone who will not have any form of service, gathering or reception. The funeral home will look after the registration of the death with the government and facilitating the burial or cremation
Other services available:
Additional service and memorialization options:
- Celebration of Life DVD tribute video
- Online obituary (complimentary)
- Thank you cards & Prayer cards
- Receptions with catering
- Granite memorial bench
- Memorialization / cremation Jewelry
- Bereavement groups & assistance
- Therapy dog present at service
Thank you for taking the time to go through this page that we have created for families like you that are in the midst of having to plan services for a loved one.
At DeJohn Funeral Home we pride ourselves on going the extra mile and ensuring that whatever choices you make, we will assist and guide you in making those services as meaningful as possible and help you honor the life of your loved one.
We realize that you only get one chance to create a meaningful service and tribute for your loved one so we do everything that we can to make sure that it is everything that you wanted and more – we guarantee it.
If it anytime you would like immediate access assistance call us at 440-516-5555.
100% Service Guarantee
DeJohn Funeral Homes & Crematory is committed to service beyond expectation before, during and after the service. We guarantee that if you are not 100% satisfied with any aspect of our service, we will make every effort to correct the situation. If we cannot correct it to your satisfaction, you will not be charged for that particular service item.
No Hidden Fee Guarantee
Funeral and Cremation costs can be very confusing. Often times other funeral & cremation providers will quote what seems like a low price, but actually they do not give you the complete costs and there will be hidden add on charges after you have chosen to utilize their services. We have made it easier to understand by creating our “No Hidden Fee Guarantee” package plans.
These plans include :
- Service Fees
- Cremation or Cemetery fees
- Cash Advance items
We guarantee that the price we give you over the phone or you see on this site, will be the price that you will pay.
Cash advance items and cemetery expenses are not included: What some funeral homes fail to disclose are the additional fees that may be necessary. These include cemetery expenses, obituaries, honorariums (clergy, musicians, soloists, altar servers), catering, sales tax, etc. We will be more than happy to email you a quote so that you will have an estimate that is as accurate as possible.